Home Forums Crafts, Scrapbooking, and So Much More! “Storage Ideas” – How do you store your supplies? Think everything from stamp ink to fat quarters and all the doodads and thing-a-ma-jigs needed to make what we make. Do you throw it all in one big bin or are they neatly labeled and stored alphabetically? We’re guessing it’s somewhere in between!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

“Storage Ideas” – How do you store your supplies? Think everything from stamp ink to fat quarters and all the doodads and thing-a-ma-jigs needed to make what we make. Do you throw it all in one big bin or are they neatly labeled and stored alphabetically? We’re guessing it’s somewhere in between!

natalie.strand

I have an antique basket as my ribbon storage, and all my bits and pieces were just tossed in there. A while ago, I bagged up my ribbon pieces by color family– those little bags still live in that basket! — and it has really helped me to find what I need quickly!

Vicki
    Participant

I have ink pads in a makeup display case actually. I got it on amazon and it sits on top of my desk and its perfect.
    I also have a peg board above my desk so there are baskets and such that hold things.
    All my paper is stored together by collection in large ziplocs. So all the embellishments that match that collection go in there with the paper. I do this for everything except my disney collections which are kept in a large clamshell case.

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

Natalie- I have tons of ribbon too! I keep mine sorted by color in glass jars on a shelf. I find keeping things sorted by color helps me find what I need faster. But themed ribbon- Christmas, etc.- have their own jar. 😉

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

Vicki- I want to see pics of your ink storage makeup display case!!! it sounds fantastic and super useful!

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

I have a lot of the washi tape from the etsy shop so I am looking into ways to organize the tape. It needs to be mobile because I go to a retreat about every three months. We will see what I come up with!!

Michelle
    Participant

I tend to have mine in drawers, I have a drawer for inks, die cuts, stamps, punches. Then I have pretty carts for the things I use most, such as thickers, alpha stickers, enamel dots. I have a paper holder that was in a shop display and then shelves that hide the scruffy stuff! hahaha you know the stuff…. dymos we never use but don’t want to throw away!

natalie.strand

I’m also curious to see how others store the awesome washi tape sets from the Scraps & Ink shop! I’d like to keep the sets together. Right now, I’m keeping them in the little plastic bags in which they come, but that’s not going to work for too much longer 😉

natalie.strand

Vicki– yes, please share a pic of your makeup-case-turned-ink-holder!!
    My husband prototyped an ink organizer insert for one of my storage cubes (they are the “legs” of my craft studio island/table). It’s just made of scrap corrugated cardstock, and it’s been working well. Now to find the time to make it out of “prettier” materials!

Michelle Blum
    Participant

I have almost everything in some kind of plastic container. As I finish up my “Spare room” where I do my making, I might create a hash tage and post pictures of how I store my supplies.

mommyribs
    Participant

I don’t have a very big space…hoping one day to move to one of the bedrooms when I am sure I don’t need to keep it handy for one of my kids! LOL! I will say that sorting by color and theme seems to work best for me though. I get the Elle Studios kit each month and the little punch out die cuts I have sorted in a case that I bought at Michaels by color and it helps me to actually use them which I love! Most of my paper is sorted by theme and if it doesn’t fit a theme then I have it by color. And of course all of my Disney is stored together by theme.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.