Home Forums Weekly Challenges Launch Party Day 3- The Disney in You!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

Ooooh! Rachel! What awesome posters! I love that idea! All of the vintage Disney art done in that retro style is just so iconic! Very cool collection!

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

The story about watching Peter Pan to help you fall asleep is so sweet! Isn’t it amazing how by just adding a bit of Disney when we need it, it is comforting and changes our outlook? This is why Disney friends are the best friends- they GET IT!
    And your Memory Dex project sounds like such a great idea! I remember when memory Dex first became a popular craft years ago. I didn’t get into it because it just didn’t speak to me as something I wanted to try at that time. It was just too far outside of my comfort zone! Now that it has made quite the comeback, and my craft style had evolved to not be so afraid to try new things, I’m seeing the appeal through fresh eyes and am thinking I might give it a go!

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

OOOOH! Fantastic Splash Mtn. vintage vibes with this one!

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

Your answers are ALL so fun and I love the story about your granddaughter experiencing the “magic”. That’s so sweet that she got to really feel it and have that sense of wonder. Totally brought a tear to my eye!

KittyM
    Participant

Question 1: What is your favorite Disney movie and why? Beauty & The Beast – such a beautiful story.

2: Do you have any Disney collections? If so, what do you collect? I’m not much of a collector of any kind

3: What original, Disney-inspired papercraft, scrapbook project, or DIY project are you
    most proud of that you have complete
    I have made several Disney scrapbook albums

Question 4: Are you a fan of the Disney Princesses? If so, which one and why? And, if not, feel
    free to use this space to explain why not!
    Love them – duh!! Even had a Princess Day with my bestie in Disneyland. We ate at the princess pavillion (when it was still there) – had photos taken wih them etc. We acted like we were 7 lol

Question 5: What is your ideal Disney Park day?
    a fist full of fast passes, low crowd, well behaved spawns and no humidity lol

Michelle Blum
    Participant
    Michelle Blum
    Participant

https://disneycreativeco.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Fall-2009-262-scaled.jpg

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

Michelle- Those little dresses you have your girls in are so adorable! LOVE this photo so much!

Kate V
    Participant

1. Cinderella because I watched it a lot with my kids when they were little.

2. I collect pins and watches. They’re booth easy to pack for the trip home.

3. I think I like the scrapbook I just finished for a young friend of our family
    who has been coming to disneyland with us for the past 10 years. There are a
    a lot of memories in it.

4. I like Snow White, she’s always so gracious when we meet her.

5. From the excitement we feel when we walk in and hear the music to our family
    doing all the rides and attractions together. Really though any day at Disney
    is the perfect day……

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

Kitty- I am sooooooo with you on question #5. How perfect would that be?!

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

Hi Kate V! So glad you found us and are playing along with the fun Disney questions! Your #3- that is the kindest thing ever!

Kristin Fougeron
    Keymaster

Totally getting to know each and every one you y’all here!!

Ashley_Sumner
    Keymaster

Hey Everyone! So excited that I finally have time to sit down and answer these questions — this queen bee has been BUSY! 😀

Question 1: What is your favorite Disney movie and why?

#BlackCauldron4Life!!! I could ask for nothing more in a Disney movie than an overzealous pig-boy, a sassy princess, dragons, an oracle pig, magic fairies, witches, a skeleton king, and an unidentifiable animal companion with the name “Gurgi” — Disney at its finest!

Question 2: Do you have any Disney collections? If so, what do you collect? And, if not, what
    would you love to start collecting?

Guuuurl I collect crowns :3 Disney princesses better get to steppin’ and hustlin’ to catch up to my crown collection!

Question 3: What original, Disney-inspired papercraft, scrapbook project, or DIY project are you
    most proud of that you have completed?

I colored inside the lines in my Disney-themed coloring books ^-^ #Lifegoals

Question 4: Are you a fan of the Disney Princesses? If so, which one and why? And, if not, feel

I have a very complex relationship with Disney princesses… I love how fabulous, confident, and beautiful the princesses are, which I try to embody each and every day, but I still have my frustrations with the happy-ending = marriage narrative… When taken into a historical context, they represent values of the time period they were created in, so I can’t fault them! Instead, I really embrace the princesses and storylines that tell a different happily-ever-after story like the Black Cauldron, for example, where the story ends with a genuine friendship between the protagonist and his ally princess, which I think speaks volumes to the types of relationships we should all strive for <3

HELLOOO!!! The ideal park day is called the "Food and Wine Festival"!!! I walk in big freakin' circle around Epcot during low-wind, overcast weather during off-season and drink and eat myself into a luxurious coma ^0^

Marif
    Participant

I know I’m super late answering these, but I loved reading all the answers and I want to share 😀
    So here are my answers!

Question 1: What is your favorite Disney movie and why?
    I love so many of them, but I think Aladdin is still my fave. I love the humour, the fast paced jokes, all the puns, basically all things Genie. And as far as music goes it’s amazing and it’s hard to beat A Whole New World.

Question 2: Do you have any Disney collections? If so, what do you collect? And, if not, what
    would you love to start collecting?
    I don’t really collect anything Disney. I have a very “collector” personality and if I did, it might become problematic. I do have a small collection of pressed pennies in a book, and over the years I have ended up with a larger than average Eeyore teddy bears.

Question 3: What original, Disney-inspired papercraft, scrapbook project, or DIY project are you
    most proud of that you have completed?
    I am happy and proud of every photobook of digiscraps I end up completing, but probably most proud of the one from our 2014 road trip because each page followed the same style/pattern (a bit of a pocket style look which I don’t usually do…).

I like princesses but am not princess obsessed, I prefer the funny characters (side-kicks like Sebastian and Mushu, funny villains likes Hades, Gaston, or Kronk). So logically, my favourites are Rapunzel and Anna who are both “real”: naive, clumsy, quirky.

I’ll take any Disney day. The ideal “dream” day (let’s assume I can transport/apparate): breakfast at the Crystal Palace in MK with Winnie and Friends, then the teacups and Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris (both are such elevated versions of the rides for me), then lunch at the Yak and Yeti and watch the Festival of the Lion King, then off to Epcot for Soarin’ and supper at Le Cellier.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.