Home Forums Weekly Challenges Launch Party Day 3- The Disney in You!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Welcome, Honored Guest!

Feel free to introduce yourself to our community by writing a little something about yourself and
    answering the following questions – tell us all about the Disney in YOU! We welcome friendly

discourse, positive vibes, and a little pixie dust ~

Question 1: What is your favorite Disney movie and why?

Question 2: Do you have any Disney collections? If so, what do you collect? And, if not, what
    would you love to start collecting?

Question 3: What original, Disney-inspired papercraft, scrapbook project, or DIY project are you
    most proud of that you have completed?

Question 4: Are you a fan of the Disney Princesses? If so, which one and why? And, if not, feel
    free to use this space to explain why not!

Question 5: What is your ideal Disney Park day?

Kristin Fougeron
    Keymaster

My new favorite Disney movie is Luca..it is such a sweet movie about friendship!!

Question 2: Do you have any Disney collections? If so, what do you collect? And, if not, what
    I collect Disney smashed pennies and love to make bracelets out of them!!

Question 3: What original, Disney-inspired papercraft, scrapbook project, or DIY project are you
    Any year I have scrapbooked all the pictures from on trip and I have completed that album.

Question 4: Are you a fan of the Disney Princesses? If so, which one and why? And, if not, feel
    I love Merida from the movie Brave. She is no damsel in distress… she is torn between what is expected of her and following her heart.

Drinking around the world at Epcot!!

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

Question 1: What is your favorite Disney movie and why? LOVE Sleeping Beauty- first movie I ever saw in a theater. I was only five years old, but I remember that distinctive, highly-stylized artwork and being simply mesmerized by it.

I collect Christmas ornaments, but got the idea just last year to start collecting Disney Halloween and Nightmare Before Christmas ornaments to decorate a black pine tree at Halloween. I’ve got a long way to go for that one!

I started learning digi scrapbooking a few years ago, and while my first love will always be tradition “paper and glue” scrapbooking, I’m especially proud of the digi pages I’ve done because it was such a steep learning curve for me.

Mulan is awesome! She doesn’t need a man to save her!

Question 5: What is your ideal Disney Park day? Walt Disney World- not hot, not humid and not crowded!!!

Rachel Taylor
    Participant

Peter Pan .I have twin sons and when they were little they would watch it over and over again .it has a special place in my heart
    uestion 2: Do you have any Disney collections? If so, what do you collect? And, if not, what
    Oh wow I have a lot of collections :
    Pins is my main one I have over 1000 and they are all in frames
    Vinylmation I was obsessed with these when they were popular and have them in a coffee table under glass
    Disney books I have 200 books about the parks ,a lot of them were hard to find .looking forward to the 50th anniversary hardback
    Jim shore traditions I have these in a glass cabinet in my hall ,I love to look at them
    Disney posters I have these framed around the house
    most proud of that you have complete
    I love making altered books and I have a Peter Pan book I altered that is my favourite

Love them ,Rapunzel is my favourite
    Ohanas for breakfast,Magic kingdom pirates,hm,people mover,dole whip ,parade,monorail to Epcot ,Soarin,test track walk to beach club dinner at beaches and cream ,watch fireworks, bed

Good lord that’s a lot of information! Sorry got carried away

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

Oh Rachel! NEVER too much information when you’re sharing about Disney! Sounds like you have soooo many fun collections! I like your ideal park day too. 🙂 Question about your Disney posters- what kind of posters? Movie posters? I’m always looking for inspiration for my next Disney collection!

Rachel Taylor
    Participant

Nancy I have park attraction posters , I bought a set from Art of Animation a few years ago and framed them .I’ll take some photos and show you

Rachel Taylor
    Participant

Ok I don’t know how to add photos to this thread ,can someone help ?

mommyribs
    Participant

It is really hard to pick just one as it honestly depends on my mood but Peter Pan and Hocus Pocus are the two that come to mind first. When I first moved out on my own and I couldn’t sleep, I would always put Peter Pan on and it would relax me and help me fall asleep so I guess there is a sense of comfort there. And I love Hocus Pocus as Halloween is my favorite holiday… I have dressed up as Sara Sanderson twice now.

I guess you could say I collect anything Haunted Mansion, especially the HM Dooney & Bourke!

I am actually planning a Disney Memory Dex project…I haven’t officially started it as I am still in the planning stages but I am really looking forward to working on it. Scrapbooking anything Disney always makes me happy 🙂

Love the Disney Princesses, I think I tend to lean towards the classics as far as favorites go…love Snow White, probably because I love the Evil Queen. I am rather partial to Rapunzel as well. But really, I do love them all!

Any day at a Disney Park is an ideal day for me. I could just sit on a bench and people watch all day and be perfectly content.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by mommyribs.
    Carol Doggett
    Participant

I have so many, I reach for Cinderella a lot. Love Moana, Monsters Inc., and Toy Story of course. Too many!

I collect Funko Pops and Villain stuff.

My husband and I go to the parks a lot. In 2018, we took out 7 year old grand daughter. I told her that Disney was a magical place. She said, ‘Gram, its just people in costumes.’ When we went in to meet the princesses, she was amazed. She came out saying, ‘Gram, you’re right…this is a magical place!’ Best Day Ever!! So, scrapping that experience was an absolute JOY!

Of course…Cinderella is my fave, because she’s the oldest, hard working and gets rewarded for being a good person even if she is surrounded by negativity. Brave is another favorite. However, the Villain’s are the other princesses…they just had a bad agents/press!!

I love Magic Kingdom at Christmas time. We sat on a bench and watched the people and the parade…it was an awesome experience. Christmas brings out the best in people. But being a lover of the Villains…Halloween is very hard to beat!

1937Fan
    Participant

My favorite Disney Movie is Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I love that the studio made a full length cartoon at a time that people thought that was crazy. Creative masterpiece.

I do collect! I have an extensive Snow White collection. I also have an extensive Disney inspired stamps collection now, lol.

I am most proud of completing my childhood scrapbooks. Baby to high school are all done!

I love the Disney Princesses. My favorite scene is when, in Raplh Breaks the Internet, all the princesses are together and taking a break. Love it so much!
    I am a rope drop to fireworks kinda gal when I can. I also love sitting on main street, eating at Jolly Poppins Cafe, and just taking it all in. My must do every time…Tiki Room with a Dole Whip Float!

mgalagirl
    Participant

This is fun, I love reading everyone’s response!

Beauty and the Beast, (the original) is my all time fav Disney movie! Classic love story, the songs are delightful, and that ballroom dancing scene is beautiful!

I have a huge collection of Disney mugs! The hardest part of my day is trying to decide which mug to use for my morning cup of tea! Haha
    I also collect Disney pins, Disney pandora charms, and do spirit jerseys count, cause I have quite a few of them! Haha

I wrote a book about planning a Disney world vacation, it was/is for sale on Amazon, but I am currently updating it so it isn’t for sale at the moment, but writing a book was something I have always wanted to do, so I wrote about what I know best and that was Disney World!

Yes I love the princesses, I love Belle! My name is Michelle, but my Mum always called me Belle. I also love Merida, because my Mum was born and raised in Scotland, and she pasted away right before Brave was released.

Any day at Magic Kingdom with a dole whip in my hand is good day!

Kristin Fougeron
    Keymaster

I am loving all the answers that everyone is posting ..so many different choices of movies and things to collect also !!!

Nancy Burke
    Keymaster

Rachel- thee are two ways to add images to a forum thread.
    #1- upload the image to an image hosting site, like Flikr, then copy the URL from there and insert it into the body of text in this forum thread.

#2- Upload it to our gallery, come back here and add the link to the body of text in this forum thread. It may not show up as the actual image, but we can follow the link to the gallery and view it from there.

Good luck and let me know if you’re still having problems.

Michelle Blum
    Participant

1: Winnie-the-Pooh because it remind me of my childhood.

2: I have 50 or so pins, some ears, bunch of fabric and so much paper crafting supplies.

3: Making costumes for my girls when they where little.

4: Cinderella, love the music and blue us my favorite color.

5: Rope drop to close and park hopping at the Disneyland resort.

Rachel Taylor
    Participant

Thanks Nancy Framed attraction posters

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Rachel Taylor.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.